- What personally identifiable information of yours we may collect from you through our website.
- How we may use your personally identifiable information.
- Limits on how we would share and disclose your personally identifiable information.
- Our policy regarding links to third-party websites.
- Security of our website.
- How you can correct and update your personally identifiable information.
Please note that the Genentech, Inc. and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. websites are directed towards users who reside in the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather personally identifiable information from individuals residing outside the US.
Information collection and use
You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We (along with our third-party partners engaged to provide marketing and advertising on our behalf) collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
- Surveys. Information obtained from you on Web surveys, such as contact information (name and shipping address), demographic information (ZIP code, age level) and medical condition. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest or that you may find useful based on your answers in a survey. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name and email address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, email address), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, and medical condition. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Email content to a friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and email address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time email inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Genentech and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. are the owners of all information collected on this website.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Cookies and GIF files
Some of our websites may use cookie technology to identify users who have previously visited so the user is recognized upon return, thereby saving time while on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our website. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
This website may use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partners. These files enable these partners to recognize a unique file on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The information contained in GIF files that we collect and share with our ad management partners is anonymous and is not personally identifiable.
Log files and aggregate information
We may track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the website and to enable them to better understand Genentech's business.
Sharing and disclosure
Links to third-party websites
Genentech, Inc. and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. and their third-party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Genentech, Inc. and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Correction/Updating personally identifiable information
Genentech, Inc. and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. provide you with the ability to update the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us via Tarceva.com. You may "opt out" of receiving emails from us to your current email address by using the unsubscribe feature on this website and included in the emails we send. To receive emails at a new email address, please resubscribe to email updates with your new information.
- Tarceva is prescribed for patients with advanced-stage NSCLC whose cancer has not spread or grown after initial treatment with certain types of chemotherapy (maintenance treatment).
- Tarceva is prescribed for patients with advanced-stage NSCLC whose cancer has spread or grown after receiving at least 1 chemotherapy regimen (2nd/3rd-line treatment).
- Tarceva is not meant to be used at the same time as certain types of chemotherapy for advanced NSCLC.
Everyone reacts differently to Tarceva therapy. So it’s important to know what the side effects are. Although some people may have a life-threatening side effect, most do not.
Your doctor will stop treatment if any serious side effects occur. Be sure to contact your healthcare team if you have symptoms related to these side effects.
Interstitial lung disease (ILD)-like events
Problems occurring in the lungs (including deaths). Tarceva may need to be stopped if new or unexplained serious symptoms of shortness of breath, cough, and fever occur.
Liver and/or kidney problems
Some events have included death. Let your healthcare provider (HCP) know if you have a history of liver or kidney disease.
Gastrointestinal (GI) perforation
A hole that develops in your stomach or intestine. Some events have included death.
Serious skin conditions
Some events have included death.
Eye irritation and damage to the cornea.
Bleeding events when taking warfarin
Some events have included death. Tell your doctor if you are taking warfarin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
You should not become pregnant while on treatment with Tarceva. DO NOT breast-feed while receiving treatment with Tarceva.
Call your HCP right away if you have these signs or symptoms:
- New or worsening skin rash
- Serious or ongoing diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, or vomiting
- New or worsening shortness of breath or cough
- Eye irritation
The most common side effects are generally mild to moderate rash and diarrhea.
It is important that you tell your HCP about all of the medicines and herbal supplements you are taking.
- DO NOT start taking any new medicines or herbal supplements before talking with your HCP.
- DO NOT eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while on treatment with Tarceva, except under the care of your HCP.
Smoking may affect how well Tarceva works for you.
- If you smoke, you should stop smoking before starting treatment with Tarceva.
- If you continue to smoke, you should talk to your HCP before taking Tarceva.
Always let your HCP know if you have any side effects, and ask about the best way to handle them.
Tarceva is not right for everyone. Ask your HCP if once-daily Tarceva is right for you.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1 (800) FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch. You may also report side effects to Genentech at 1 (888) 835-2555.